As a freelance writer, editor and author, I’ve written about everything from lifestyle topics to technology and business issues. I’ve authored four books and have ghostwritten and edited several others. The secret to my success is my two Boston Terriers, Simon and Nitro, who help me edit copy when nobody else is watching. (But please don’t tell anybody.)
What I do: Whether it’s luxury travel pieces or in-depth business articles aimed at C-level executives, I live to put words to the paper. I’m passionate about health and fitness, environmental issues and animals. I’ve written extensively about music, but also have an impressive portfolio of business clients who hire me for my corporate writing skills, which include scriptwriting, RFP responses and presentations.
Who I’ve written for: Purina, Hewlett-Packard, The Dallas Morning News, University of Texas at Dallas, Successful Living Magazine, Walmart.com, GrandLuxe Registry, American Driver Magazine, Bauer Publishing, American Airlines Custom Publishing, D Custom Publishing, Prism Media Group, Behringer Harvard, Texas Instruments, Texas Farm Bureau Insurance, Dallas Market Center, Freeman Co., Cox School of Business, Rolland Safe … and many more.
Why I do it: Simply put, because it’s what I was born to do. I love finding and telling a good story, and I believe that words have an amazing power – not just to inform and entertain, but to heal as well. I love what I do, and want others to love what I do for them.
- In the third grade, I wrote my first play … and my class performed it!
- I love cars and have been to racecar driving school – twice.
- In college I wrote songs for – and toured with – a Christian rock band.
- In 2010, I spent two weeks in Antarctica. (It was a little chilly.)
- I once went shopping with Tiny Tim.
- When LeAnn Rimes was just 11 years old – and performing at the county fair – I interviewed her. I still have the demo tape she gave me.
- My back-up career goal was to be a stand-up comedian.
- The most fun I’ve ever had on an assignment was dogsledding through the Canadian Rockies.